- Individuals who completed the event the previous year, or who reached the Mavis Bank cut-off point before the cut-off time limit
- Individuals who received a medical certificate from the race medical official
- Individuals on the waiting list, to fill the available ‘run slots'
In the case of an individual who is disqualified the invitation is forfeit and will be passed to the waiting list the following year.
Provision is made for someone who receives an invitation and who is not able to run to substitute his/her entry to someone of his/her choice, provided the ‘nominee' or ‘substitution' criteria are met.
'Nominee' and 'Substitution' criteria are that a ‘nominee' or a ‘substitute' must have completed a previous Rhodes Run or have been recorded on the Rhodes Run waiting list on or before the day prior to the event date the previous year.
'Nominee' and 'Substitute':
'Nominee' is when you nominate someone to use the invitation BEFORE you have entered.
'Substitute' is when you arrange for someone to substitute for you AFTER you have entered.
A permanent number will not confer any privileges on the holder, but will have the effect of recording the holder in the annals of the race.
A permanent number will not automatically qualify the holder to run in future races.
Invitations from the Waiting List:
- then to keep the invitation valid the invitation would need to be used by a ‘nominee’ or a ‘substitute’
- the person on the Waiting List must personally use the invitation in the second year
- the invitation may not be substituted in year two if it was used by a substitute in the first year.